Wednesday, October 7, 2009

PLAYER FOCUS: Hamid... "The Enigma"

Just when you thought it was safe to start reading the blog again without fear of seeing another player focus what happens?? another player focus comes along!....but what a player, what a focus!.... yes, he is the last of the Madison greats to be put under the interview knife. Some say he taught Rio Ferdinand all there is to know about defensive artistry, it has even been rumoured that this future Madison Hall of Famer once gave midfield passing tips to a very young Messi....oh yes, he was once that good! Known for his ability to disappear for weeks on end, sometimes when he is on the field...he magically re-appears without warning. Where does he go when he disappears? What World class player is getting the benefit of his coaching? Why won't he tell us? And why are his chickens kabobs so good? Yes, he is the one and only Hamid The Enigma!...... a mystery wrapped in a conundrum!

Fav Team? I think it's Glasgow Rangers because they are so bad that I feel sorry for them. I bought one of their shirts to give them some money but I now use it as a rag to clean out my dogs kennel. I love my dog. Actually I really love Ajax...a really great team! ( Ajax good, Rangers bad...repeat after me)


Fav Player? Easy....Pele! I really liked him as a player and as I get older I look a bit like him! (when he gets to 90 you will actually be playing like him too!)


First time you played soccer? It was when I was around 8 years old. We used to play on asphalt in our bare feet....we were tough! (Ah, that's what's wrong with you now...too much grass and foot protection)


Fav Music? I like Jazz, it's an unreconstructed free flow form of music that allows for moments of individual brilliance and expression....yes, just like the way I play soccer ( are you sure you don't like the experimental music style of John Cage? He described his music as " purposeless play" which is "an affirmation of life – not an attempt to bring order out of chaos"....sounds like some of your games, no?)


Something we don't know about you? I love Camels, but just one hump not two....( I guess that's better than dogs! )


Motto for life? Let deeds, not words be your adorning ( O Son of Dust....the hidden words are true! )


Thanks Hamid...great team player and an enigma no more!

13 comments:

  1. Updated Roster Check for the 18th

    HAMID, Me, Jodingo!!, Scotty, BOR OUT

    Behrooz IN
    Gerry MAYBE
    Danny?
    Jacques?
    El Presidente?
    tpink?
    Roniildo?
    Jorge?
    Carlos?
    Ilhan?
    Tony?
    Danny's friend?
    Todd?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clinton-Madison was put down as an official game????

    Therefore, I demand an official apology from the league and the ref. for the finger, at a press conference on national broadcast televised ESPN-ocho!! :o)

    We have got to get out of this farmer league!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it still game off this weekend (10/11) and game postponed next weekend? (10/18)

    ReplyDelete
  4. no game this weekend but we are trying to get the yes/ no numbers for the 18th.... there is still the possibility of over 11 players available for that Sunday....just need yes or no from them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    Just in case if you are not aware of it or haven't checked the schedule, there is no game this Sunday for any team due to Columbus Day weekend. The following Sunday, 10/18 we have a home game against Prospect.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm available for the 10/18 game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ROSTER CHECK for the 18th vs Prospect

    a bit early for a roster check but so far we have;

    2 yes ( Jacques, Fribeka),
    1 maybe ( Gerry ) and
    5 ( BOR, Me, Jodingo!!, The Enigma, Scotty ) Out

    Please feel free to tell us if you can make the game before Thursday morning next week…the earlier the notice the better….you can place your yes or no on the blog to save e-mail space or just reply to me, Tom and Ron

    ReplyDelete
  8. any more players in for the 18th?

    ReplyDelete
  9. For the 18th so far we have;

    3 yes ( tpink, Behrooz,Jacques )
    1 maybe ( gerry )
    5 out ( me, BOR, scotty, Joding!!, Hamid )

    9 undeclared

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think after the meeting at least the core people should be faster in responding yes or no.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in.

    I am going to send email too. Few don't read the Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. i posted a new article on Sunday...you all need to refresh!

    ReplyDelete