Friday, October 23, 2009

NEXT GAME; Sunday 25th Oct, Newtown!

Ok after a long delay we now have the roster numbers in and it looks like we have nearly a full team for our away game against Newtown on Sunday. I actually count 11 players for Sunday but we said we would play with at least 10 players.......

We have had some really good games against Newtown in the past winning at home;


http://madisonceltic.blogspot.com/2009/04/match-report-madison-celtic-3-newton-2.html


and losing away.


http://madisonceltic.blogspot.com/2009/06/match-report-newtown-4-madison-2.html


We are still a team in transition right now as we bed in new players and get used to losing some of our old players but I know we can pull through. I'm still on the injured list but hope to be at the game taking notes and action shots! Hopefully there will be lots of those!

12 comments:

  1. Your humble CEO is now seeking volunteers for beer/snack duty for the remainder of the season. Please reply with a Sunday for which you will be responsible for providing snacks and beverages (snacks, beer, and a few gatorade & water for our new guys). If I get more volunteers than games, we can split the duty for those weekends. Volunteer this season and you'll be grandfathered in for next spring's season!


    BTW, Jorge is doubtful for this weekend... he too seems to be getting an illness. He will alert Carlos of his status tomorrow.





    25 Oct away @ Newtown


    01 Nov home vs Guilford


    08 Nov home vs Southington


    15 Nov away @ Clinton


    22 Nov home vs New Fairfield

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOR

    Count me in for 8th Nov duties

    ReplyDelete
  3. Done. Thank you for volunteering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pink hows the throat?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am away Nov. 1st, so I will do beer Nov. 22.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, Tom is sending Dan Cockic's name and birth date to George today so he should be able to play with his license. I talked to Danny and Dan would be there tomorrow. Therefore, we have a full squad for this game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does anybody know which field we are playing at?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your party went well Thurs. I wish I could have attended. I had a board meeting from 3-5 then annual meeting.

    I am out for tomorrow as well. Knee and throat. Not a good season for me.

    Too bad about Rangers during the week (lol)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it was a really nice surprise and great fun...maybe you can come to my 60th?

    Sorry about the knee and throat....it's usually ear, nose and throat that are the problems but knee will do too!

    hope to see you soon

    ReplyDelete
  10. weather looks great today, should be fine for playing. I will be there to support you!

    ReplyDelete