Wednesday, January 26, 2011

PLAYER FOCUS...On...."Safet" !

No game this Thursday so.......It's time for yet another Player Focus! No, no you can stop cheering.... no really.... you can stop.

The team mate under the microscope this time is Safet! The only player to win two championship winning medals for two different teams in the same year! He comes from Bosnia and we all know where that is on the map don't we ? Right beside Croatia and round the corner from Serbia.... yeah, I knew you knew... So what do we find out about Safet in this interview? I'm not telling you..........you will just have to read it!!


First time you played soccer?
I started very early, at age four. I played with the neighborhood kids. (...and they were all 24 years old so it was all very unfair)

Favorite Team?
Zeljeznicar Sarajevo, Bosnian National team ( Easy for you to say!....I heard Čelik were a good team too? Madison Čelik has a certain ring to it, no? )

Fav Player?
Safet Susic ( Great player, Great name; 21 goals in 54 appearances for Yugoslavia)

Fav Music?
Bosnian country music, rock ( OMG.... there is such a thing? This may be worse than Lithuanian rap)

Fav Movie?
Road House, Night at the Roxbury ( huh? What about all those great Bosnian movies like Ničija zemlja or Teško je biti fin? )

Best moment on a soccer field?
Back in Bosnia when my team won the local tournament ( were you playing at the time? ..... I'm joking! )

Nickname at school?
Sajo ( Pronounced Sayo? if my Bosnian is correct? )

Motto for life?
To live is to hope ( ...and to hope is to live! ... See what i did there?)

Something we don't know about you?
I studied Russian in high school (Пожалуйста, пожалуйста, передайте мне футбол!! Yes especially you Jorge!)

Most famous person I've met?
My wife ( Smart move.....very smart! )


Thanks Safet! Great interview!

6 comments:

  1. nice win for Celtic tonight in Glasgow, beating Hearts 4-0!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..............
    Hi Safet, nice player focus. Hope you are having a relaxing winter! Look forward to seeing you in goal scoring form in April!!

    Indoor has been very challenging this season, but fun too.

    Two games back to back net week boys, and the second is a gainst Guilford Bell Curve. Let's plan on a win.......

    La Boca, call me tomorrow.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you boys are very quiet these days. Not much in the way of chit chat or gossip. And it looks like Mr Jodingo!! has disappeared completely! I do hope nothing has happened to him. I will check in a bit more often to see how you all are doing. Wish Celtic well in the cup today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Extreme Winter...extreme summer,will be.
    We have 50 days countdown to the spring season, but middtime our old legs need some action.
    We have a big team and last season we always have 11 players on the field and only one game no sub. We did good and sometimes little bad, but as a team we did just fine.
    I notice how good we play when Carlos Ronny and Danny shows and run all over.
    And if you notice those guys are the stamina of our team.
    Unfortunately Carlos and Danny have another activities and they don't shows up for all games.
    My Vision for 2011 is very optimist because we have Dave and new young guys to our roster, plus Rony with his winter training plan and me losing weight week by week to get more speed,we have to pass to 2nd. div.
    So I hope the rest of us do the same and be responsible for his own training to became in shape.
    I wish we have some place for training all together or something like that.
    Last week my exercises was to clean the snow and run with my little boy inside my hallway house, but not soccer or big running.
    Cheap gym are pack and good ones are expensive.
    I'm in strong diet no red meat no sugar or any refined flour or derivation,(i'm dying for a crunchy fresh bread) Only fruits vegetables,and some broil chicken in my Spanish soup. Mag64 in the morning a lot of water etc, etc.
    The rest,that we have to do is try to play like Barcelona.
    So I wish each one of us try to copy a player of Barca and see how close we can get to look like them since our team doesn't have a coach.
    I will pick Messi so is hard work for me since the I have to make at least one goal for a game.
    I wonder who wants to pick Alves he runs a marathon each game he plays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tano... i agree... i feel really unfit right now and we need some sort of boot camp before the new Spring season

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh ... I pick Pep Guardiola as my Barca guy

    ReplyDelete