Saturday, January 8, 2011

Painful Start to Indoor!

Yes we knew it would be tough playing that first game after so many months of doing nothing but eating and drinking and whatever.... but playing the Guilford Eagles on top of all that made this game feel even worse. In the end we were hammered 8-4 but to be honest it could have been more. After a very even fifteen minute period, at the start of the game, the Celts let in a silly goal and then the roof caved in. Within another ten minutes we had lost another 4 goals and were struggling to keep up with the fast paced passing and running of the Division 1 Eagles team....maybe they didn't celebrate over the festive season? A great goal by Ruggero pulled one back before the half to put some face saving cover on the score. The second half was a bit better as Madison started to get some shape to their game but we were always behind and chasing. Although, when we got back to 7-4 there was a glimmer of hope before that was cruelly snuffed out by the rampant Eagles. Final score was 8-4, with the second half a better 3-3 performance.

After that tough wake up call the Celts played a friendly with Southeast Xara and ran out 8-5 winners to restore some confidence and pride!

Next weeks game will be at 7pm and coincidentally will be against Southeast Xara!



9 comments:

  1. Hulk....i hope your knee is doing better! it looked in bad shape after the game....give us an update

    ReplyDelete
  2. I deserve the Spotted Dick for that game but I don't mind to share with some one.
    I wish you see me play the 3rd. game John against Tom judge and Gogolito's team, I'm glad the I have Roniildo Halil and his friend who can testified how different we play.
    First half was tough with Gogo always behind me.
    Second half I find the weak spot on their defense and it was very much easy to score over and over.
    Those two game after the official, leave me not only my legs and my back in pain it make me release the hunger that I have to myself for the horrible game that I have vs Black eagles.

    Bambi: I hope you enjoy your family this winter and take care yourself. See you some night for chat and drinks.

    John: Hulk is fine he have some high school saves and I presume that he had a doggy stile before on a rough carpet, so he knows what a knee burning feels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tano I'm glad you guys had enough energy to pay a third game, although not much energy was used up in the first one.... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. And guess what John last game no subs at all.
    I'll make it up to you next game my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you will Tano! I hope I will recover from the bad cold I have by then

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gents,
    Back from the paradise.... Looks like you had fun last Thursday... All I did was drink and eat on the beach for a week. See you Thursday night.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Johnny knee is still there, took couple days for swelling to go down. Able to walk on it but its hurts a bit. Already got a brace for thurs. hoping it improves in the next few days. Ill be playing dont worry, too stupid not to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hulk....glad to hear the knee is getting back to a normal size! I've been off ill since Friday with a cold but hopefully will be ok for Thursday

    ReplyDelete