Monday, October 18, 2010

MATCH REPORT; Madison 1 Orange 1


Madison failed in their attempt to close the gap at the top of the league after a late goal by Orange forced the Celts to share the spoils. The draw, which is the Madison teams fifth of the season, leaves them still three points behind Orange and five behind new leaders Guilford Bell curve.

The game itself started very well for Madison and with such a strong team on the field and deep bench strength maybe this shouldn't have be too surprising. A rare start for La Boca meant that the defence, at least on paper, had some solidity to it. The midfield was forceful and creative providing the usual basket of chances for the twin strikers Safet and Tano. Even the most objective observer would give the first 30 minutes of this match to Madison as they controlled possession and rarely spoiled a pass. The best chances for the Celts came from the strong running of Halil, David and Roniildo. But some excellent crosses into the box went begging as the Orange team held on in defence. Some powerful shooting by David looked like being the main source for the break through goal but when it came it was from a sweet midfield move. Roniildo winning the ball in the opposition half moved to his right then swept a fantastic cross into the box where it skipped off the head of an Orange defender and then was nodded into the net by the predatory Carlos. A well deserved one nil lead that the team took into the half time break.

The second half saw the Orange team pushing the Madison team back in a concerted fashion for the first time in the game. Madison were allowing gaps in the midfield between the strikers and the defence and at times 4 or 5 Orange players were running at the Madison defence. Most of the time La Boca or Jodingo!! managed to clear the ball but not in their usual decisive fashion allowing the Orange team to pick up on attack immediately. It was not all one way traffic as chances still came to Madison with David coming close a number of times with shots that went narrowly wide or were tipped over the bar by the goalie. The forward line were not really getting shots on target and found themselves getting deeper and deeper into their own half. But it did look like Madison could hold out for the win. However, this hope was undone with about ten minutes left on the clock when a corner for Orange was met by an unmarked player in the box allowing him to crack an unstoppable shot into the net for the equalizer. A disappointing goal to lose at such a late stage of the game but Madison had not been taking the chances that came their way when they were on top. Having said that, the Celts came agonizingly close to snatching a win right at the end when a corner kick saw the ball sweeping right across the Orange back line landing at the feet of the unmarked Halil who only had to tap it into the net but instead he swung at it and the ball went sideways of his boot and past the post. With that chance gone the game ended leaving the Celts with a fight on their hands to get into the top two over the final ten games of the season. The last game of the Fall section of the league is at home next week against the Albanian Eagles. Three points are a must!


MAN OF THE MATCH; Roniildo. Powerful running and tackling were a feature of Roniildo's game helping out the defence and being available for the attacking ball throughout the game. Other contenders were Halil who had another great game but tired towards the end and David with his dangerous shots from just outside the box












31 comments:

  1. ............Johnaldo, thanks for the nod on MOM (aka The "SD" award). Great report which nicely captured yesterday's awesometussle with Orange. Really enjoyed playing against them. A solid win next week will keep us right in the hunt with Guilford and Orange for the 2nd part of the season.

    Jodingo!!, thanks for yet another awesome selection of beers for the tailgate.

    Still a lot of work to do to match our off-field camaraderie with our on field emotional outbursts, yet i did see some improvements yesterday.

    DS had a good point that I happened to agree with. He observed that we have a tendency to play like we are not going to win. We need to reverse that psychology, and bring that winning mentality to all remaining games. If we could do that on a regular basis, we could easily convert our ties to massive wins!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great report as usual. Looking forward to finishing the fall season with a great win at home. I will be ready and will play this Sunday.... (Both half)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are going to have a end of the season meeting (all welcome) at the Turkish Resturant in West Haven for dinner. Will send few dates to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NIce Report and Pics, Johnaldo Thank You and Thank you for the coaching and sub matters.
    The bright side of the last game score?:
    1)We finally start the game wining.
    2)We are the only Team of the Master league in all divisions that is INVICTUS (undefeated).
    So no negative comments at all Madison Celtic is the strongest Team of the league with little some issues of our Guys (like Tano, La Boca, Telat,and many others (not you Jorge you are normal) but we are not machines so is nothing to be worry, I guess.
    Thank you Jodiingo for the refreshments and EL Gato thanks to.
    El Flaco: Thanks for the great pass.
    Next game Beer Men Is Mister BOR.
    See at the field next game Cheers.

    BOR
    TANO
    Johnaldo
    Jodiingo
    Ronildo
    HUlk
    El Gato

    Great Sunday Thanks all.:)
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait a minute! the last 3 MOM were BOR, Jodingo (friendly game), and Ronildo......
    The only guys who went to Scotland????? Either you guys have something on Johnaldo, or Johnaldo is trying to promote next year trip/tournament, or simply that the training in Scotland is one of a kind :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, didn't notice that before! just goes to show the positive effects of playing in a competitive tournament once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  7. El gato.... dinner party sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man of the Match +++Ronildo+++.No doubt.
    (I know, what kiss A..)

    I wish we can play in better field to demonstrate how much good skills we lost because the filed conditions doesn't help, for dribbling and accurate passes.
    But everybody knows that field is the only available.
    You'll see when we start play indoor the huge difference, of passes and dribbling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. El Gato,

    Can you try for Town Campus Field? We might get lucky....We also need the field for the following Sunday with Cheshire friendly...hope that would fly and try hard.

    I am in for this Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tom and all,
    We can not have a home friendly game on the 31st. The field is taken. SASL Madison over 30 has a home game on Oct. 31st at 10. And no Town Campus is not available either Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ............... i hope we can use the winter break to seriously put effort into finding a new field. I am willing to do leg work in the Branford system, as I know the fields are so much better than exchange. having said that, the location of exchange for our summer picnics is hard to beat?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Guys, guys, guys, My left knee isn't happy. If we were to play today or tomorrow, I'd be out. Hope it gets better, but it's not looking promising.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jodingo!! my right calf is not happy either...maybe it should go out with your left knee for a drink.... My Left foot was always unhappy until they made a movie about it....

    ReplyDelete
  14. .......hey Jodingo!!, get some cool physio this week... we need you big time on Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. .......hey bhoys, here's your test. First player to get it wins a special team prize......715..621311, 25152118, 195126

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's the total number of girlfriends Jodingo!! Has had!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ................Johnaldo, you're too much LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ronildo:
    How you get my pin Number of my Swiss account?.
    Now I know if some wire transfer was made who has all the money of the Cartel.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I suspect this is a Baudot Character Code Reference probably defining some geographical location defined by GPS.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Roniildo:
    Any clue to help?
    is not a CAS numbers, or location in the world it is astronomical because is 3 group of big# equals 3 axis.but it take me to nowhere, even with arc degree negative.
    So I turn 715 to GAE Google App Engine.
    And then try to work with java and html and i got scramble.
    Is not a web address eider
    Then I try to work with some chemical formulas and patents those numbers don't get exactly the close what I got was a nucleic acid analysis using layered expression scanning,but wont match completely.
    I almost got it with some patent of amino acid transporter but unlucky too.
    Then I call my friend he is a PhD at Yale to see if those numbers have some to do with medical nuclear formulas that I have not access and he said: may be Joke Ruben.
    Finally I get my G40(gun) I put in my mouth and I remember the I have to pick I my son at 11 from preK, so can you give us a little help?

    ReplyDelete
  21. crystallographic coordinates for some interesting protein?

    ReplyDelete
  22. ......as John Nash said.....GPS coordinates? possibly the location of someone's missing car keys?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good stuff Tano.... Kept you busy... Very funny analysis I am proud of you...

    ReplyDelete
  24. The answer is 4.. And that is the fourth win we are looking for to end this season

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gents,
    Are you up to having the meeting this coming week any day Sunday to Thursday? 6:30ish?or 7? Any interest?

    ReplyDelete
  26. meeting is fine for next week at the place in west haven....how about next Wednesday @ 6:30?

    ReplyDelete
  27. ................excellent guesses on the code, but no cigars bhoys LOL

    ReplyDelete
  28. ...........hey TANO, very impressive research strategy

    ReplyDelete
  29. new article posted! press the Home button top right to get new post

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am cursing right now. As I mentioned to johnaldo, I injured myself during last week game. I was left on the bench for 20 minutes in the second half and when I got back on the field, I hurt my hip right away. Of course I should have come out on my own knowing that I couldn't put any power in my leg but its not in my nature. Right now, I can barely walk... So, not only did I miss my first hockey game of the season, but I don't know about tomorrow! and I hate missing sports, specially through an injury - not used to it!! I'll see in the morning how I feel! If I can't make it out of the house... I'll post it!

    ReplyDelete