Friday, May 14, 2010

NEXT GAME; Sunday 16th May, Yellow Jackets!

We have our biggest squad in years for this Sunday's game against the Woodbridge Yellow Jackets! We will need good honest subbing, strong and competitive running and some prodigious drinking after the game! Let's make sure we are celebrating a victory! Arniesto used to play for the Yellow Jackets and he supplied the low down on the team in an earlier posting.....Here it is in full!

See you Sunday...don't forget your photos, copy of driving licence and any CARSL fees you need to pay!

The Yellow Jacket Low-Down--back to front. Goalie is very shaky. Should test him frequently and look for rebounds. Their center back, Jim, is very strong/physical--will do what it takes to keep you from getting set for shot/pass. Outside backs weaker (depending on who shows). Midfield has trouble getting back--everyone wants to be a forward, though several strong, quick players there if they are healthy. Strikers are solid. One, Joe, is very good in the air and strong if the ball is played right to him, but he won't move to the ball and loses his legs by the second half usually. He's also very easily annoyed and will cry if you bump him. The other, Mahmoud, has a very strong right foot and is quick, but he's only good for a handful of runs a game. He often thinks he can hit from range, but frequently off target. Play him hard shoulder to shoulder and he'll fold (and get mad and whine a lot). Counter attacking will be a good bet and solid head to head defending. This will not be a good passing team, and they're bound to be plenty of long balls and 1v1 runs.

20 comments:

  1. I HAVE 10 DAYS NOW TO MAIL REMAINING DUES AND PLAYER INFORMATION TO SASL. IF THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN, WE WILL BE OUT OF SASL, AND PLAYING PICK-UP GAMES ONLY FOR THE SEASON!!!! PLEASE BRING YOUR MONEY $126.50 FOR SASL, AND WHAT YOU OWE FOR CARSL ($15 OR $50....YOU KNOW WHICH) ON SUNDAY. ALSO NEED YOUR PHOTOS AND DRIVER LICENSE COPIES. IF THER ARE PLAYERS WHO STILL DON’T READ THE BLOG, MAKE SURE WE KNOW WHO THEY ARE, AND COMMUNICATE THIS MESSAGE TO THEM TODAY BY PHONE, E-MAIL CARRIER PIGEON.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johnaldo, 1:28 AM ?????? Were you up late taking photos of yourself?? Of your face??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Automatic posting Jodingo!! I was sound asleep when the blog published! And what's that about photos of my face??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got beer duty this week. I hope everyone likes Mexican beer...

    ReplyDelete
  5. BOR if you insist, you can bring some to complement mine. I volunteered earlier this week, and then we had the "cast of thousands" turnout for the game!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, I forgot you volunteered. I'll bring it as backup, but I cannot stay too long afterward... gotta leave to coach the children at 2PM on the our home field.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you coach better when you've had a couple of beers...still gives you 45 min to an hour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. strikers...did you check out the Chelsea and ManU games to see how to bury the ball in the back of the net ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judging from the condition of some of our fellow Celts, I think they've watched EVERY EPL game this season.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes.... from their couch or in a bar....with cheesy nachos and a few beers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jorge, I hear you will party with Carlito & friends on Saturday night, but make sure you wake up in time for the match ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Roniildo

    Jorge and Carlos are professional soccer players.... they will be on diet coke!

    ReplyDelete
  13. new video from the Southbury game now showing on Madison Celtic TV! Catch La Boca rappin half way through the vid!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Guys,
    I think I'm going to skip tomorrow. Last week with 4 subs I played less than half of the game in terms of time. With 8+ subs... I think it's probably better to just have one fewer. My ankle can use another week anyway, and I'm not as fit as I want to be because I can't cross-train right now. So kick some butt, and I'll see you all next week.
    Bambi

    ReplyDelete
  15. U sure Bambi? It's always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Guys-I'm sorry I won't be able to make it today to enjoy some beer...oops, I mean take photos & watch the game!

    Johnaldo-I'll look forward to the match report. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry to hear that Annie..... will have to do my own photography this time....although should have plenty of time on the side lines with the number of players we have today!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I missed a good time today....

    ReplyDelete
  19. yes, good game but we should have won.... only 2-2.... Jodingo!!'s beers were good....although he still had 4 bottles left at the end.... i think they were for you!

    ReplyDelete