Wednesday, November 19, 2008

PLAYER FOCUS on...Jorge..."El Guante Blanco!"


Jorge is a superb player who scores goals for fun. He has knocked in 8 goals during the Fall season and he and RoRo are fighting it out for top goalscorer. He also played fantastically well during the summer, but when it gets cold Jorge gets his white gloves out to keep that important piece of football equipment warm....his hands.
So what do we know about El Guante Blanco.......or should it be....."El hombre blanco enguantado".......? Read on to find out what happens when the gloves come off!

First time you played soccer? Kindergarten in public. In private with my cousins when i was 3 years old. ( wow, you really did plan your soccer career!)

Fav team? "LIGA DE QUITO" actually "COPA LIBERTADORES" champions of South America. "Liga de Quito" is from Ecuador, from my University, where i studied to be a teacher at High School.

Fav player? Raul from Real Madrid, Spain and Maradona 10 times!, World cup '86 was the best. ( I think Scotland was in that one too....)

Nickname at school? "CHINO" I have a small eyes ( that explains a few of the misses then.....)

Fav music? Cumbias ( Are they better than Blackstar though?)

Fav movie? Alexander (?)

Best moment on soccer field? When I scored a goal, a fan gave me a bottle of alcohol. It was his way to celebrate ( Was his name Danny?? )

Motto for life? I love my kids, i love my wife, i love soccer, from anywhere, any age, men or ladies, indoor or outdoor ( we are still talking about soccer...right?)

Something we don't know about you? On soccer field, I am very aggressive, big temper. Off, I am very good person. My wife feels disappointed when she comes to watch me play ( Don't let her come and watch you then!)
Thanks Jorge!

1 comment:

  1. Jorge is a trend setter....we'll all be wishing we had los guantes for this coming Sunday's match....21 deg. F this a.m., and the same is expected for Sunday!

    ReplyDelete