Wednesday, August 27, 2008

300 Point Fitness Challenge!!

Don't worry that's not the number of points we need to win the league, but it is the number of points you need to win the September Fitness challenge!

I was trying to think of a way of getting us all into shape for the Fall season that could be fun, competitive and have a prize at the end of it!! So, here it is....Between September the 1st and the 30th I am proposing we have a fitness challenge based on a points system.

You can score points by the following timed activities; They have to be continuous activities and at least make you sweat! Yes, Danny, any activity!
For 15 mins of activity score 1 point
For 30 mins activity score 2 points plus an extra bonus point for completing 30 mins to give a 3 pts total
Every 5 minutes of exercise after this first 30 mins then gives you another point, so...
45 mins activity would score 6 points
60 mins activity would score 9 points, plus another extra bonus point for completing 60 mins to give you 10 pts in total
After 60 mins you can still score a point for every 5 mins of exercise and claim another extra bonus point after completing 90 mins

This would give you a total of 17 points.

So if you played a full game of soccer that would be a 17 point event!....I won't count the half time change over as a break!

Simple! Are you up for it? There will be a prize for the first person to reach 200 pts, 250 pts and 300 pts or for the person who has the most points at the end of the month if none of these milestones are met.
I have estimated that it will take, on average, 20 hrs of exercise to get to the 200 point mark, which is roughly 5 hours per week. To reach 300 points will take a huge 30 hrs of exercise or 7.5 hrs per week!
I have also estimated that if you manage to accumulate the 300 pts of exercise at a reasonable 'sweat' rate you will have burned off 24,000 cals! That could be as much as 7lbs of weight!!

I will track my progress on the blog to give you a 'pace setter' and if you send me, or post, your points every Sunday evening i will track our overall progress.

It's all done by trust so NO CHEATING! Send me an e-mail to say you want to join in!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot do the math.
    Plus, can I hire someone to accumulate the points for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i guess all the calculations were too much for all of you! I'll compete with myself and win the prize!.... a bit like talking to myself on this blog :o(

    ReplyDelete