Sunday, August 2, 2015

This Blog is Your Blog, This Blog is My Blog......This Blog Was Made for You and Me......Sing along now!


Hi guys, a quick summary on Blog usage!  I started this blog in 2008 to help facilitate communication  around team matters. People were complaining about the volume of email they were getting and the blog was a useful tool for reducing email. I think it achieved that goal and surprisingly the blog has ended up with a global reach! Since 2008 the blog has had over over 600 new posts with 46,000 individual site visits creating over 130,000 page views and generated over 13,000 comments!

The global reach can be seen below with the various page views tracked against the major countries that the visitors are viewing from.  All of you could be major personalities in Russia and Turkey!  Even North Korea?

The big question I have is do we still need the blog?  I'm not sure the volume of traffic to the site shows that all of you are using it. Email is being used again and I'm amazed the number of times I get asked by txt and email what time the game is on, and where, even after it has been posted on the blog!  We also have a Facebook page for the team that has some followers from the team but clearly not all;


So tell me what you think. I have kept the blog going for 7 years and I'm happy to keep it going if it's useful for everyone. But if I'm only doing this for some people in China and North Korea then maybe it's time to call it a day.


Graph of most popular countries among blog viewers
EntryPageviews
United States
84914
United Kingdom
2130
France
2034
Germany
1440
Poland
1212
Russia
1139
Ukraine
826
Canada
531
Turkey
433
China
364


13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI John I'm agree in everything you write it up. I didn't see comments or post lately. I know your time is very limited and everyone have their own reason to don't even read it, but I'm hate to see all your effort that you make to write your game report and not even a few thanks are mentioned after all including me sometimes.So John I think that if you keep comunication via Group Text (for last quick option), emails for directions and updates, and Facebook for social and pics of the team from LOTB or you, I guess with that we have enough, but please can you transfer all what you have in the blog to the Fb? we have good piece of memories there. And I always be gratefully with you for all your time dedicated to the blog. Thank you Johnaldo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John, always been a fan of your blog-please keep it going. It baffles me why more of the team don't use it to get all the match info, fee payment terms-whatever- I detest E-mail, and would like to get back to using the blog, if we can get the guys to respond for game availability with the speed they reply in email. The other thing is, somevofvthe new guys may not be aware of the blog or have forgotten that you sent the blog link many times

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blog is best. By the way LaBoca is back on the map. When is our next fixture? Im not injured anymore. Go Hoops

    ReplyDelete

  5. I appreciate the blog very much.
    I think you do a fantastic job.
    I can only imagine how much time it takes to do it.
    Maybe someone can help – do some of the match write up and you add the “color” and entertaining comments to it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. John, I use the blog whenever I need to know information. I am fine if its a pain for you to just use email, whatever works.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,

    Always been a fan of your blog and enjoyed reading your match write ups. I know it takes effort and time to create and to keep up with the blog.... but the bottom line is everyone has a different way of comfort level on how they like to communicate....either by blog, email or texting. So if you notice most people are communicating by email or text... may be you should call it a day and save yourself time and effort .....also, keep in mind when you traveling, you can't create the blog on a timely manner.....a good example was last season......we were getting lots of email communications through Ronny because you were traveling.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Tom Yes I think Ronnie will be doing more of the immediate email stuff and I'll do a more leisurely blog update

    ReplyDelete
  9. John,
    I enjoy reading the blog after each game. I no longer play but I am a big admirer of this fan club.
    Old Retired Alumni

    ReplyDelete