Sunday, February 2, 2014

Planning For A New Season!




We are getting ready for an exciting new season starting in April! 

We are in Division 2 for the 3rd year in a row AND we are in the semi finals of the State Cup! 

We have a lot to play for and the team was strengthened greatly towards the end of the last season. I think we will have a really good season this year! BUT, we need every player to sign the waiver form that allows the league to  issue your players card. Without a signed waiver youcannot play....for any team!  The file attached has the waiver. Please print it off and send it to Ronnie Knox  or bring it to indoor.

For those of you thinking of joining another team please don't feel guilty or bad about it. No one is forcing you to play for Madison Celtic. If you want to join another team please just tell me now so I can plan to get new players in before the new  season starts. I really hope you all sign up for another season because i think it will be a fun year but if you already know you are not returning please email me back.

Don't be the odd one out!

6 comments:

  1. Great post Johnaldo;
    You and Rony always doing a lot for us(pay fees on advanced, pay fines from your pocket, emails, blogs, pics, You name it) and Thank You so much, that's why the less the I can do is to show up to every game and pay the fees on time. So far we have indirectly announce on leaving us:
    Edmilson (leave us to play for a new team manage by Edgimar)
    Alex (same as Edmilson)
    Robert (join a Madison AFC)
    John B. (50/50 But He may wait until the end to let us know that He Join Madison AFC )
    Carlos( Leave us to for play for a Clinton Team, Confirmed)
    Dave S. (may come back not so sure)
    Dustin (ex Goalie of Guilford Hawks may play for us as a def.or Goalie When Bruce Can't show )
    Jodingo!! (retired?)
    So far we are
    Bruce Goalie
    Tom P. Tim, Mike, Dan and La Boca def.
    Jack, Ronnie, Tom A, Ruggero and mid
    Kevin Leo, Johnaldo and Tano Fwds.
    If we have Dave, and Dustin sign for us we are 16 players
    but if they are not, we are only 14, so we have to make an effort to show up in every game.And no one will complain any more about that we have to many subs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tano! Wow, thats quite a list! Carlos?????? Surely not, I cant imagine he wouldn't tell me that after 12 years of playing on the same team.

      So what's the big deal about playing for other teams? I don't get it...

      Delete
  2. So i have the following confirmed moves/decisions;

    Alex...moving to another team
    Jodingo!!....retiring

    Still to hear from others on the "list of rumors"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Johnaldo: I spoke with Carlos after Jorge text me his phone number because I was spoke before with Edmilson about it, and He confirm (those rumors lol), that He won't play with us. He will play for a Clinton team. The rest of the guys except Jodingo!! they spoke with me face to face.
      Last Year at the begging I did have plan to move for an over 30 team, but there is no Team around who have a Management like this one, with many things beside of just play soccer, so for me was a big deal, but to leave the team.
      2011 season I had many goals, because the team looking for me at the front and try to feed me a lot of passes and that make me self confidence, but when the guys who join us on 2012, for some reason the team stop to do that, of course I missed at the begging The Turkeys friend and Jorge and David S too, Even Ronildo and some of us, didn't play the way of we used to.Now You can tell that they didn't fit in. Now we have 4 new players who I like the way they are, in and outside the field so, Don't worry my friends like our Captain Ronildo said many times 'There are not Prima Donnas here".

      Delete
    2. Tano Thanks....yes I think we have a good mix now...it takes a long time to build a team spirit with a bunch of guys....especially our age! Im really disappointed about Carlos though....thought he would get in touch to tell me something like that......
      Anyway, bottom line, all the guys that are leaving are welcome back if the grass ends up not being greener on the other side.....

      Delete