Saturday, February 26, 2011

Just Another Defeat!

Well, it was yet another defeat.... but we played much better as a team against really tough opposition, the Guilford Eagles. Last time out they destroyed us 8-4 but this game was always within our grasp. A very strong start to the game, with Johnaldo up front pestering the opposition defence line, allowed the Celts to hassle the Eagles in their own half. For the first ten minutes Madison looked the stronger team with the Eagles making lots of mistakes. But, yet again, a defensive error allowed their first shot on goal to go into the net. Johnaldo pulled one back before they scored again and then Tano equalized. But after this first twenty minutes of good, well matched play the Celts allowed some carelessness to creep into their game and lost two stupid goals just before the half. The second half didn't start much better and another two quick goals put the Celts 6-2 down and cruising for a bruising. However, some smart, fast passing and two quick two goals by Halil brought the team right back into the game and then another goal by Ruggero got the Celts to within one goal of the Eagles. But any thoughts of a glorious comeback were dashed when the Guilford aces slotted another goal into the net and ran the game down to the end. So, the first session of indoor ended with yet another defeat but nowhere near as bad as previous defeats. Maybe the team is starting to get their soccer legs back? They will certainly need them because the second session starts next Thursday!

If you have not indicated that you want to play in the next session please say so in the comments below!










29 comments:

  1. In for next session;

    Johnaldo
    Tano
    El Gato
    Roniildo
    Ruggero
    Halil
    TomA
    The Hulk
    David
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. We played 8, lost 7 and won 1! What a record! We need to improve for next session!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you guys next Thursday. Hopefully the blow I got before end of the game, to my right quadriceps which gave me a bruised hematoma to the vastus lateralis, goes away....

    ReplyDelete
  4. El Gato. It could have been worse.... with a painful kick up the gluteus Maximus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roniildo tell us when you have registered the team for the next session....so far ten guys as certain but still to hear from TomP and La Boca....how much is the new session?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you John, for the game report and pics,
    I wish you better luck for the next game.
    I'll be def with Ron or Chris next game since we are short on defenders.
    Those next 6 games Ron and I will treat you like it in a boot-camp if you want to play you must run and pass so sensitive players be advise. What you think Ron?

    El Gato... I hope you fell better for next game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Johnaldo, I think it is wise for me to perhaps sit out the next session. My anckle is worst and I shouldn't have played the last game...I need to give it some rest from soccer and don't want to mess up even more before the outdoor spring session.

    ReplyDelete
  8. TomA sorry to hear that .... But better to be safe than sorry! Outdoor season is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tano. Play where you are most happy. For me that was always up front

    ReplyDelete
  10. Johnaldo...Thanks, I just try to help this indoor section get better on reputation, and since the I don't score that much, I think the I can collaborate more with the team,if I play in def for now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tano. You have great penalty box instincts and a Hell of a shot. So front or back works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tano .....love the new pic. !! Super dooper Gary Hooper!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Although Celtic lost 2 0 today on a cabbage patch of a field against Motherwell. League fight will go to the last day I think. Celtic play RAngers yet again this Wednesday in the Cup..... Hoping for another victory

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in for this session. What time is the game on Thursday?

    ReplyDelete
  15. John... Thanks, That is my new SHIRT.
    I hope bring me good luck to me too, and is in memory of my passed Son Maximiliano.

    Bor... Welcome back.:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I found the enigma of Jorge missing.
    He is a double now of an VIP so look carefully both pics on the links.
    OLDER PHOTO

    ACTUAL PHOTO

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tano.... LOL.... I'm sure Jorge will appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You guys better start playing better or no pics during outdoor.

    ReplyDelete
  19. ...............welcopme back bor. Tano. Delighted t0 play in def withyou and Chris

    Johnaldo spoke with stan who rins the indoor. He knows we are in and I will bring him the check today. I think it is $585 per team but will verify today

    Lotb, like your incentive. Knowing how vain we all r, might just do the trick :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Johnaldo... strikingly similar, lol.

    LOT... Come on, all my sacrifice on strict diets are for look better at your shots, but... ok, ok. I will play like I have same payroll as Beckham on 2007 (49 millions),
    or as a Diego M. on Napoli.(Someone bring the magic dust please ;).

    ReplyDelete
  21. Roniildo....no word on the times for Thursday yet?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Did you set your DVR?
    CHELSEA VS MAN U. 2:30pm FOXD
    English pubs will be pack today.

    ReplyDelete
  23. ...Johnaldo, game is AT 8PM on Thursday, but not sure who we are playing yet.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a CHelse vs. ManU
    To day?.....
    Scottish FA CUP (the oldest national cup of the world)And guess who leading this Cup?....
    YES, CELTIC 34 times.
    5th. round
    ----- Celtic v Rangers-------
    Celtic Park, Glasgow
    Kick-off 7.45pm
    Live on Sky Sports

    Also

    Bayern M. VS. Shalke04 2:30pm EST Time

    Valencia VS. Barca 4pm EST.Time

    ReplyDelete
  25. Byeeeee Rangers.

    Celtic Wins again vs. Ranger And we can say like Sherlock Holmes today:
    Elementary my dear Wilson.

    ReplyDelete
  26. tano i have a new article posted!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete