Wednesday, June 24, 2009

PLAYER FOCUS on....."Roniildo"!


It's time for our team captain Roniildo to spend some time under the spotlight. He is from Scotland so he will be tough under pressure, accurate and honest in his answers, generous with his praise for team mates and naturally talented and gifted at playing soccer. Throw in some unbelievable intelligence, wicked humor and some mad looks that women find irresistable and you have the basic format that most Scottish men adhere to. Of course, it's tough for Ronilldo having a superior Scottish specimen in the team but you can't have everything......

Sometimes he has a face on him like a skelpt erse, but he is great player!

So Ron...



First time you played soccer? ~3 years old. in my Gran's backyard. My older cousin (6 years +) Paul Devine was a great player…played for Celtic school boy's for a couple of seasons. Paul introduced me to the game, and to Parkhead! ( Can't beat your first time in Paradise.... )


Favorite Team? Glasgow Celtic ( For it's a grand old team to play for....!)

Fav Player? Kenny Dalglish, Maradonna, Johan Cruyff lately…Carlos Tevas, Frank Lampard ( kinda go for the midfielder type of player huh? )

Fav Music? Rock & Heavy metal (ACDC, White snake, U2, Bon Jovi, Stones & the Who) ( jeez, brain melt music )

Fav Movie? Gladiator, Braveheart, Usual suspects, meet the parents ( Aye, a good movie that slaughters the Romans or the English, ...wha's like us, no many an they're au deid....aye!! )

Best moment on a soccer field? Scoring 2 goals to win U-15 Renfrewshire regional cup final at Love Street. First time I played on a professional pitch...( I won't tell anyone you were 21 at the time )

Nickname at school? the knife……the days when I was known for cutting through defenses like a hot knife through butter….sort of the way Carlos still does today (what can we call you today? the spoon? for spreading through defences like margarine)

Motto for life? noli illegitimi carborundum……… ( who are you calling an illegitimi? )

Something we don't know about you? when in grad school in London, appeared on an esoteric documentary show called "red herring" on Britain's Channel 4, to defend life science research against a panel of rabid opposers! ( is that around the same time you were dating Susan Boyle?)


Thanks Roniildo!

14 comments:

  1. John…too funny! When I first read it I thought you were saying " I had looks that mad women found irresistible…there would be some truth in that….i need some serious work on that face thing though…..the guys will think I'm not having any fun out there. btw, just for the record, I had chucked Susan Boyle for Lynda by that time ……

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok! you've got to explain to me the obsession with the Celtic FC for our Scottish contingent!! Its not that they were ever great outside of their own premier league! You had Henrik Larsson, but other than that…. :o)

    From now on, Go Rangers

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that's incredible....I didn't know.....let me check ESPN

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Fribeka…..1st British club to win the European champions league

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! thank you! Scott! I was taping the game to watch it later on!!! Now what's the point!



    I think it goes like this, John correct me if I'm wrong! "If its not Dutch, it is crap!"

    Go Brazil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1967….when you were 15 :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guys,

    Just to update everyone.. It appears that Tom J., Tom P., Rob, Jacques, Hamid, Scot and Jorge and Carlos are out for this Sunday and that's half the team.

    I have no choice of just postponing this game to the following Sunday, July 5th against Bridgeport.

    I am assuming everyone is OK with playing this game on the 5th of July. Please confirm it with me before the end of the day please. I know some of you have said that you are OK with it.

    Now let's hope Bridgeport can commit to it....otherwise, I will set up a game with another team.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm good for the 5th (I'll find out tonight and confirm tomorrow). Does anyone want to practice this Sunday if we're not playing? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 5th is fine for me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone who was available for this week, I am going to practice on Sunday 9.30AM at exchange field. Please confirm if you can make it, and we can play 4 v 4. It should be fun…..let me know by noon today!

    Thanks,
    roniildo………..

    ReplyDelete