Wednesday, October 22, 2008

PLAYER FOCUS on.....Rob "The Heckelator"

Ok, so i haven't come up with a great nickname yet for Rob but "The Heckelator" can do for now...sounds like a cross between "The Terminator" and an angry guy in the crowd. Hey, maybe that is a good nickname! Rob has been one the defensive regulars this season playing either left or right back.....he can do both you know! Beside him in most games has been "The Toe" although he has been posted missing recently. But even missing a toe Rob has not had any defensive howlers or own goals although we still have a few more games left in the season~!


First time you played soccer? 6th grade (age 11). Never even saw a soccer ball prior to then.

Fav Team? NY Cosmos ( Really?....I mean really?? )


Fav soccer player? Steve Savage. Never heard of him, have you? Kinda short, long blond hair, good midfielder. He's the one who came up to me after I blew out my knee in practice at the University of Tampa, the echo of the "pop" still reverberating under the grandstand roof, leaned over, got in my face, and asked two very simple questions that put everything into it's proper perspective. ( ....and? ...and?...jeez, has this story been censored?)


Best band ever? So many from which to choose... Indigenous, Screaming Cheetah Wheelies, Joe Satriani, Soundgarten, Led Zeppelin, the list could go on and on. ( Thank God you stopped though....)

Beer or wine? From the size of my belly, what the hell do you think? ( Hhmm)

Best Movie seen? I've got three kids... I don't get to go see movies.


If you could be a singer who would you be? I don't sing. I don't want to sing.

Halle Berry or Jessica Alba? Who? What?

Motto for life? Love my wife, love my kids, pass the ball to Ronny, Carlito and Jorge.

Can you describe your best ever moment on a soccer field?
1981, NCAA Division II championship. And I had to watch from the bench because of the knee thing mentioned above.



Thanks Rob, a great insight to your love of music, family and football. And you are the first interview that had to be **** for use of **** language!

12 comments:

  1. The Heckelator? You mean the Rob "The Jackal" Heckel??

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i will have to start asking people what their high school nicknames were....i'm sure Rob's is a good one....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still recovering from the 3-0 humping Man U gave Celtic last night....even though two of their goals were blatantly offside :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. MOST goals ManU score are either offside or the result of a foul that went uncalled.
    It is amazing how often this happens...

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't get me wrong, Man U were a class above Celtic on the night but those non offside decisions really hurt the game plan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buckwheat.

    After the Lil' Rascals character. I had a massive 'fro in my younger days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great nickname Rob....might do 'Buck' for short during a game!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like the weather could be a bit rough for Sunday.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. why the deletion? i said it was a nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sorry celtic fhan..don't know who you are...no bad language please....

    ReplyDelete