Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pumas Vs Madison Game Cancelled


Guys, we have forfeited this Sundays game against Greenwich Pumas because we could not field a full team. In fact we were way off a full team. This is really disappointing and puts us in a hole  in the league very early in the season, with only 1 point out of  a potential 9. I understand you all have commitments and family calls to make so it's not an issue if you cant make  a game (although I hope this is not the pattern for all away games this season). But, the lack of communication from some of you when asked the simple question 'are you playing?' is becoming ridiculous. We can't run the team properly if you don't tell me, as early as you can, if you can or cannot play.
We are all playing football because its fun....don't make it a pain for me!

Our next game will be an AWAY game against Orange with an 830 AM kick off.... I hope you tell me as soon as you can if you can make it!

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks Tom...now is that you saying you are still in for tomorrow or for next sunday ;0)

      Delete
  2. ROLL CALL FOR AWAY GAME VS ORANGE;

    TPink
    Johnaldo
    Tano

    ReplyDelete
  3. roniildo in for next week

    Orange beat Bell curve this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. feel your pain Johnaldo! Don't understand how we can't field 11 players for an away match with the roster size we have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm sure a lot of people decided they didn't want to travel to Greenwich....make it really tough to run the team though

      Delete
  5. Johnny,
    We all know from past experience that less people show up for the away games....and some players don't like to travel long distance....now for the next week, the game is at 8:30.....we also have a bad track record whenever there is a very early game.....8:30 am doesn't help the team......I think in general, you should NOT accept an early game to begin with....I understand Orange can't use the field at 10:00 but may be a different arrangement or a later than 10:00 can be worked out.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom the match/field organizer really doesn't allow much flexibility. He gets pretty grumpy when asked to change anything. 830am at Orange will be tough but it shouldn't be that difficult for our guys.... unless they have been boozing till 4am......

      Delete
  6. This is Orange issue but NOT Madison's

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rob Bz. I am in for the game next Sunday. I also was available for last Sunday as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in, but I will have to leave midway through the second half (10-10:15AM)! I'm on babysitting duty!

    TPink
    Johnaldo
    Tano
    Fribeka

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry!

    TPink
    Johnaldo
    Tano
    Rob Z
    Fribeka

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm out the next few weeks. In NY for my nephew's wedding this weekend and off to Negril next weekend (though I think there are no games due to Mother's Day). I hope we field a team agaisnt Orange! Good luck...the weather looks to be PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. TPink
    Johnaldo
    Tano
    Rob Z
    Fribeka
    rugginho
    Roniildo

    7 so far??

    ReplyDelete