Sunday, November 14, 2010

Atlantic Rovers Road Trip 2010! Part 2


Time for Road Trip part 2! I left you just as the Atlantic Rovers were heading off the field after a creditable 4th place finish in the tournament. All that was left was a drive back to the Hotel to get ready for the party later that night. Unfortunately five minutes into that journey we ended up in a slight car accident that wrote off our car! Unperturbed we managed to get to the tournament party later that night and a great time was had by all right through to 4 am! Jodingo!! and Roniildo impressed everyone with their chair dancing. Both BOR and Jodingo!! showed off their talent for drinking 18 year old malt whiskey in one gulp. And by the end of the evening there were few women left that had not been chatted up by the dingo....

However, as Carlos and Jorge know all too well, partying to 4am before a game the next day is never a good idea. But, we bravely got up the next morning, after 3 hours sleep, and downed another huge breakfast before heading to the field for the noon kick off. The game after the tournament is called the "survivors match" and is usually a challenge match against the hosts the Elgin Marbles. The Atlantic Rovers were bolstered by a few extra players due to injuries to Roniildo and my bro prior to the match. It was a cold but sunny morning and the bleary eyes of everyone around told you how this game might go. But after a very sluggish first five minutes everyone was wanting to win it. Jodingo!! and BOR were having a great game going past stupified players and providing great crosses as the Atlantic Rovers looked like the most likely team to score. And score they did! Without going in to all the gory details the Rovers won the game 7-5! The big surprise of the game? A ridiculously good performance by Johnaldo who scored with almost every touch of the ball claiming 6 of the Rovers goals! Yes I said 6 goals!, and there were some really great ones in there too !! As you are aware, I know Johnaldo pretty well and even he was surprised by this burst of attacking flair....maybe he should be tried out up front for the Celts in the new season??

After the game, we had to make our quick goodbyes and head to Inverness Airport in a recovery truck to get a new rental car. A gorgeous sunny day accompanied us all the way back to Glasgow allowing Scotland to be seen at its best. Stage 1 of the tour had finished and all that was left was a visit to Celtic Park and then a trip to Edinburgh! More of that in the final Road Trip report to come!








19 comments:

  1. I believe everything but the "gorgeous sunny day" part - they have them there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was a beautiful sunny day only a long chip shot from the North Sea. Had we played any longer, we would have needed the SPF45. A great game that did indeed see the best form come out of John.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tpink. I could have got sunburnt that day but I was moving so fast on the field the rays never caught me ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg
    Jodingo is a sex symbol in Caledonia now?
    I bet he have a fun club now back there.
    Nice trip guys was more than living la vida loca than Soccer trip lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tano. It sure was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey talking about fun pics and soccer?
    Tevez have another profession he is a Proctologist and Ferdinand is a Sh.. pusher Watch this:
    click here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some incriminating comments and photos....but I'm in no position to contest....I'm very guilty of having a great time!!

    Must say that I'm a bit disappointed in that there are no photos of Johnaldo being interrogated by the local po-po....

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey... no charge.... no crime

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know if I want to go next year - Roniildo almost being cut in half, drinking 'til 4AM, car accident, Jodingo being courted by many women under the nose of Sarah Boyle, Johnaldo scoring 6 goals in a match.... sounds like the Devil making! I'm too old for all this excitement in such short time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't meet Sarah, but Susan wasn't to be found either! I'm sure she's quite shy around the bhoys...

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...........Fribeka, you would have a great time. Save your pennies.....weekend of the 23rd!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fribeka, it's lots of pennies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did you guy like to play soccer?

    Sunday morning, I was at Morgan HS, but Jim and the guys of Clinton, was playing at Jared Eliot Middle School. I misunderstand what Carlos said to me, on Friday night about the place of practice..
    But I waited for about 15 minutes t in case some of Madison players appears, because I remember that I post on the blog that practice will be at Morgan HS , but again no one showed up.
    Why this team have only two players practicing at this time?(Carlos and me) and last year CARSL league still was on, so I guess you guys still can play.
    I know some guys have family matters but all of you? really? come on Bhoys.
    But wait don't get me wrong this is just an incentive post to make you get out of the bed Sunday morning and play together as practice. In my case I was out at 8:30 and by 11:00 I came back home before my wife finish the bed.
    I don't know, but I can predicted two things the I hope I'm wrong .This league (SASL) is a little be weak but remember we are at the 3rd. div. now.
    How lucky you think we still are for the next season?.
    And the other thing is this break is too long and some guys may want to find another team or activities (not me) or I don't know but for me 72 day without playing soccer is too much.
    We definitely need to create a routine of one day at week for practice
    Keep the spirit of playing alive guys weather condition are wonderful.
    I love how you guys manage the team, but I believe you need to improvise in this matter if we want to keep the team as winners.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hij Tano. I will try for practice this Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tano.... i think next year we will be better organized around extra games.... November and sometime December can allow at least 4 or 5 games...we can plan for that in the new year.

    Indoor will be fun if we can get a reasonable number of players

    ReplyDelete
  16. Johnaldo...Thank you, and I hope everybody help you and support you better next year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks Tano! we will probably play in cup competitions next year which will add several more games to our list through the year

    ReplyDelete
  18. New article posted

    ReplyDelete