Wednesday, July 15, 2009

PLAYER FOCUS...... Big Red....."Kevinho"!

Another player focus is ready to roll off the press and it's the Man between the sticks that takes center stage today. Now the Madison goalie position has had some great characters in the past including the inimitable Mendi, the energetic Jim, the cat like El Gato, the cake like El Gutso and even The Toe! But now the man in charge as the last line of defence is Big Red Kevinho!

He hasn't played soccer for long but he has been learning quick and his fast reaction saves and big kick outs have become a hallmark of his game. So what do we need to know about Big Red? He has about 25 kids and is not sure about the pass back rule....but there must be more? Yes there is ....read on!


First time you played soccer? About ten years ago. A fellow BMS employee asked if I wanted to play soccer in the then annual BMS Wallingford vs Lawrenceville soccer match. ( ....and after that game they never played again! )

Favorite Team? Don't really follow any specific team, I'm a soccer neophyte and they don't show many matches on TV. ( what kind of TV do you have? do you have to wind it up to see the moving pictures? There is wall to wall soccer on real TV's!)

Fav Player? Tim Howard lately ( when did he die? )

Fav Music? I'm like our captain - hard rock ;AC/DC, Metallica, Led Zepplin, etc ( enough said about that....does no one listen to real music these days? Like a good song or two from Barry Manilow or Kyle Minogue? )

Fav Movie? Sports and War movies, anything that inspires or roots for the underdog; - Miracle on Ice, Rudy, Saving Private Ryan, Remember the Titans ( you should add Celtic v Inter Milan, Celtic vs Man Utd, Celtic vs Liverpool, Celtic vs AC Milan, Celtic vs Barcelona and many more to your list....all great underdog victories! )

Best moment on a soccer field? My next save ( your last one was pretty good too! )

Nickname at school? Big Red (You are what it describes on the tin)

Motto for life? Be patient, live for today, worry about the things you can control ( I knew a guy who had the motto; Be impatient, live for tomorrow and worry about everything....i visit him in his cell every so often )


Something we don't know about you? I have five kids (3 boys, 2 girls) ages 8 - 2.5 ;My own little team! ( OK, no need to ask what you do in your spare time...)

Thanks Big Red! Keep up the great saves and go get a decent TV!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Guys,

    We are going to have a Home Game this Sunday against Prospect. We will be using the Strong field but I am waiting for confirmation from Town of madison.

    Please be there by 9:30 am.

    I know Jorge, Scott, Tim and Tom.G will be missing this game but rest of us need to be there.

    I am not who's got the beer duty for this Sunday

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in. I think you have beer duty, Tom A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom, What is the tally of active players for the game? Should you ask Ahmed (hopefully I got his name spelled right) to play this one game! Their season (SASL) should be over by now, and he should be on the roster from our last fall session?!?



    So far:

    Tom A., Tom P., Jody, John, Ron, Kevin, Behrooz, Hamid?, Carlos? Enrique?, Danny?

    If the questionable are a go, we are 11!



    RoRo (Come out and play?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The SASL season is over.

    Maybe we could have Ahmid and "David" (a.k.a., Matin) make guest
    appearances for us this week, otherwise I agree that making a full squad
    looks bleak.

    Tom , Call them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it would be a shame if we can't muster enough players for a home game! I guess we need to hear from Carlos, Hamid, Danny and Enrique....if they are ok then we have a game....i take it Rob H is still out?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have assumed correctly, sir. I am, indeed, still out. I have three more weeks of inactivity before I am eligible for reinstatement to the squad... Assuming I continue to restrain myself from running.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If 3 of the 4 are good, then we have 11. You didn't count
    yourself......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe on purpose!?!?! Since I will have beer with me, maybe I'll take a
    sit in the stand!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you said "a sit in the stand', right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sit, seat, siege, silla, sitz.... what's the difference! I speak several languages so I get confused sometimes!!!

    p.s. no beer for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Confirmed so far:



    John, Behrooz, Tom P., Hamid (he said he will be there but he hasn't responded to his email yet), Ron K., Carlos, Jacques, Tom A., Kevin, Jody and Enrique.

    I have asked Ahmad to join us and he said he is 80% sure that he will be there.

    I am still waiting to hear from Danny?????

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please refer to Johnaldo's math when determining how many beers are
    needed......

    ReplyDelete