Thursday, February 26, 2009

Spring training is nearly here!

Yes! Believe it or not the outdoor season will be with us in less than a couple of months! Even though right now we have snow on the ground and freezing conditions, apparently it will all disappear! It's called Spring! And when it gets near to Spring you have to do some Spring training. I know you have all been keeping fit but i thought it might help to get some competitive training going. So, let's have another go at the training competition that was so popular last Fall. The Toe won that session easily.....with the help of a squad of professional trainers! I know a few of you could not understand the complicated math last time so I've made it really easy this time;

If you work out, walk, run, jog, lift weights or even sweat for a 10 minute period you get 2 points!

So it's really simple, for every 10 minutes of exercise give yourself 2 points!

Let's start the competition on Monday March 2nd and run it for 7 weeks ending Sunday 19th April, which could be the first day of the new season. I have attached an easy table to track your points in the update e-mail....every week send me your points. Are you in?

For those of you doing the double header game tonight see you later!!

15 comments:

  1. Kevin cannot make it tonight. He has a nasty cold. I can go in goal for
    >the first half of game 1, but somebody else will have to take over in
    >the second half, regardless of my performance. Tom Be prepared to
    >nominate a substitute goalie, because I will not keep the whole game.
    >

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully I should be able to get there by second half.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your team is counting on you. We are playing North Branford the first game and need your help. Hope to see you there and I am counting on you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in. I'm feeling the pace in the indoor games.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is cool as i am coaching 3 teams this spring i should get
    alot of points. Boys April will be here soon. Danny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I volunteered for goal duty last week, I'll volunteer again for this week. The 2nd half of our first game if Jacque does the 1st half. Or the entire first game should Jacque decide we're not worthy of his presence :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Five signed up already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yo! I will be in Colombia March 9 -13, so training will be have to take a
    second seat for that period! Does floating in the pool with a cocktail
    qualify as exercise?

    ReplyDelete
  9. will you be sweating?

    .......i'm sure you could manage to haul your ass into the gym at least once!

    have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ....good games last night....we won our fifth game in a row, but then came crashing to Earth on our second game of the night when we ran out of steam....good fight back though to make the score respectable

    ReplyDelete
  11. As my Guinness friends would say, "Brilliant!"

    Hopefully the heroic play will carryover to the outdoor games! Now that
    you guys have shown some skill indoors you'll have a lot to live up to.....

    I'm working on staying in shape and should be in decent form come April.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the water bottles are getting heavier this season so you will need some upper arm strength..... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Das Boots,

    I appreciate the forewarning.....I will drink more pints to build up for
    it!

    You better hope no new recruits show up or you'll be joining me as a
    cheerleader!

    ReplyDelete