Monday, October 21, 2013

MATCH REPORT; Madison 2 Ridgefield Kicks 7

What can i say?  It was the biggest game of the season for Madison Celtic against the league leaders, Ridgefield Kicks.  With league survival on the line and a need to produce our best we started the game without a single member of our normal defense on the field. No goalkeeper, no defenders and as it turned out, no real chance. Poor Fribeka was the guy who drew the short straw and had to go in goal and found himself two goals to the worse in less than  five minutes. The Kicks were clearly intent on giving us a kicking and even when Dan, Alex and Edmilson added some strength to the goalkeeping and defensive situation the score  still got worse. A poor decision by the ref, ignoring a blatant hand ball, allowed them to score a simple 3rd and then an unstoppable shot gave them an unassailable lead with their 4th. This was all after less than  twenty minutes!  To be fair Celtic did settle into a better game after this getting some of the ball and hassling their players more than they had been. In fact, Tano managed to get an opportunistic goal just before halftime to give the Celts some hope. Unfortunately any vestiges of hope were cruelly dashed when Ridgefield slammed in another three goals after the break to give them a 7 -1 lead. Once again the Celts started to play a bit better and  a great move between Kevin and Johnny B allowed Kevin to score a consolation second. The whistle ended to mark the end of Celtics worst performance of the year in the game they needed their best. The confirmation that Fairfield beat Orange 3 0 meant that the Celts finished the season in 9th position and set for relegation. Of course, relegation is not confirmed until all the teams re-confirm for next year but even so it's very disappointing.

The League season may be over but we now have three games in the State Cup starting with a home game against  Trumbull Amici this Sunday at 10am on Town Campus.


MAN OF THE MATCH; A tough game for any of our players to stand out but one guy that kept hassling and moving was Roniildo who gets MOM

MADISON CELTIC FACEBOOK PAGE!

8 comments:

  1. ROLL CALL FOR SUNDAY

    Tano
    Alex
    Edmilson
    Johnaldo
    Roniildo
    Kevin
    Leo
    Johnny B
    Ruggero
    Fribeka
    Carlos

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to recruit an additional goalkeeper. Our reliance solely on Hulk needs to be avoided in order to prevent a repeat of this disaster. Anyone know of an available keeper for the spring season?

    With that said, we deserved to lose, regardless of who was in goal, with the chaos at the beginning of each half. It seemed no one was marked at times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1st. goal was a weak shot to the side of the Jack who wasn't agree to play as a goalkeeper and the second was a replica the 3rd was a more strong and that I consider little hard to stop it then Alex came with not intention at all to play goalie so we keep receiving more in the net.
    I can't blame Bruce or John completely but why we don't have an alternative young goalie? because we don't have resources to look around and make a team with guys who are real can play every Sunday . If I get a job where I have to work every other Sunday I will be Honest and said sorry guys I can't be part of the team I will not show. So look now, we going to the state cup and John ask all if you want to participate and most said yes; watch who will show.
    Losing and losing will destroy the enthusiasm to be part of Madison Celtic and we end it up on recruiting players that are lack on skills or poor fit
    And John we back you up if you need to be restrict on discipline.Because sometime You ask yourself why I doing all this for people who don't appreciate my effort?
    I like to see some changes for good.
    And to finish my comment: I like to ask you this: Did you notice how many games I didn't show up since I joint the team?
    ONE of 77 official games, and I played many games with pain, with my wife mad, with my kids sad, and with a risk of lose my job.
    John: I'm sorry for my poor result as striker lately, but I will work hard to get better and better next season. (My back doesn't hurt that much)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tano Good summary I'm sure Bruce is not feeling great about missing the last game of the season I'll let him deal with that issue directly with the team

    We really got caught short with so many players missing just as the game started I felt sorry for Jacques as he stepped up to help but it was a thankless task.

    The bottom line is that they were a better team although I think we would have managed a much narrower defeat ( Draw? ) with our full defense.
    We are a much better team now than we were at the beginning of the season and i think we will do very well next year

    As for you? You finished top goalscorer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROLL CALL FOR SUNDAY

    Tano
    Alex
    Edmilson
    Johnaldo
    Roniildo
    Kevin
    Leo
    Johnny B
    Ruggero
    Fribeka
    Carlos
    Mike
    Hulk
    Tim

    ReplyDelete